You can ask for a needs assessment if you are disabled, caring for someone who is disabled or already have care from your local authority but feel that your needs have changed.  You can contact your local council to ask them to complete a needs assessment on yourself and/or your family. There is more information on about assistance for people with disabilities and carers.